Advice Independent Living
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Eating, Done Right.
Cure your sweet tooth with a classic, chewy chocolate chip cookie. Edgehill Executive Chef Anthony Napolitano’s signature cookie recipe will leave you begging for more.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounce package)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes (Note: Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack and let them cool completely.
Expand your palate and enjoy old favorites with fine cuisine at Edgehill.