Advice Independent Living
Danish Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Eating, Done Right.
This recipe for soft and delicious oatmeal cookies creates a flavorful and textured dessert that will make anyone’s day better. Edgehill Executive Chef Anthony Napolitano has shared his signature Danish Oatmeal Cookie recipe with us.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup confectionary sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectionary sugar or as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, confectionary sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture. Once flour mixture is fully combined, slowly add in oats and pecans.
- Once fully mixed, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
Expand your palate and enjoy old favorites with fine cuisine at Edgehill.