House Cured Corned Beef Brisket Recipe
Eating, Done Right.
Edgehill Executive Chef Anthony Napolitano shares the perfect meal for St. Patrick’s Day with his signature House Cured Corned Beef Brisket recipe.
- 2 cups course kosher salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- 10 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 8 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 6 fresh bay leafs
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of curing salt
- 1 whole beef brisket, 5-6 pounds
- 2 bottles of beer
- In a medium pot, add 1 gallon of water and all ingredients except the beef.
- Bring to a boil and let cool completely.
- In a non-reactive pan (big enough to fit the beef and liquid), add cooled liquid over the brisket.
- Weigh down beef with a plate until totally submerged.
- Refrigerate for 6-7 days, turning daily.
- Too cook the brisket, take out of liquid and rinse well under cold water.
- In a pan big enough to hold the beef and liquid, bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer and cook the beef for about 3 hours or until it’s cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from liquid and let cool for 15- 20 minutes before slicing.