Advice Independent Living
Watermelon And Feta Salad Recipe
Watermelon and Feta Salad
Eating, Done Right.
Are you trying to focus your attention on eating more fruits and vegetables during Fruits & Veggies – More Matters Month? Edgehill’s executive director Chris Barstein shared a recipe that’s the perfect, tasty combination of sweet and salty. Not only is this watermelon and feta salad refreshing and delicious, it’s healthy and low in calories.
- 1 whole seedless watermelon (about 8-10 pounds)
- 2 cups sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup of high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of lime juice
- ¼ cup of honey
- 3 Tablespoons Shallot, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ Cup Fresh Mint, Chiffonade (thin strips)
- To create the dressing, combine and whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, shallot and Tabasco in a small bowl.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, cut your watermelon with a Parisienne scoop into melon balls.
- Slice fresh mint into thin strips.
- Add cheese, mint and dressing to the melon.
- Toss all ingredients.
- Serve immediately, as this salad should not be made ahead.
Expand your palate and enjoy old favorites with fine cuisine at Edgehill.