Advice Independent Living
Pumpkin Pie Bread Recipe
Eating, Done Right.
The perfect sweet treat for your holiday table. Edgehill Executive Chef Anthony Napolitano has shared his signature pumpkin pie bread recipe with us.
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBS. pumpkin pie spice
- One 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup of water
- 1 TBS. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9×5 loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin pie spice, oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla and water. Add nuts if you are using them.
- Stir flour mixture into liquid mixture, adding a little at a time until combined well. Be sure not to overmix .
- Divide batter between the loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- When done, remove from oven and cool at least a ½ hour on wire rack before removing bread from pans .
Expand your palate and enjoy old favorites with fine cuisine at Edgehill.